Effective: August, 2019
When we refer to “uman.ai”, we mean the uman.ai entity that acts as the controller or processor of your information, as explained in more detail in the “Identifying the Data Controller and Processor” section below.
A “Customer” is an organization or other third party that has separately entered into a written agreement with us (the “Customer Agreement”) that permitted Customer to create and configure a workspace so that you and others could join (each invitee granted access to the Services, including you, is an “Authorized User”). The Customer Agreement contains our commitment to deliver the Services to Customer, who may then invite Authorized Users to join its workspace(s). When an Authorized User (including, you) submits content or information to the Services, such as messages or files (“Customer Data”), you acknowledge and agree that the Customer Data is owned by Customer and the Customer Agreement provides Customer with many choices and control over that Customer Data. For example, Customer may provision or deprovision access to the Services, manage permissions, retention and export settings and these choices and instructions may result in the access, use, disclosure, modification or deletion of certain or all Customer Data.
Table of Contents:
- Information We Collect and Receive
- How We Use Information
- Data Retention
- How We Share and Disclose Information
- Data Protection Officer
- Identifying The Data Controller And Processor
- Your Rights
- Contacting uman.ai
Information We Collect And Receive
uman.ai may collect and receive Customer Data and other information and data (“Other Information”) in a variety of ways: Customer Data. Customers or individuals granted access to a Workspace by a Customer (“Authorized Users”) routinely submit Customer Data to uman.ai when using the Services.
Other Information. uman.ai also collects, generates and/or receives Other Information:
- Workspace and Account Information. To create or update a Workspace account, you or your Customer (e.g., your employer) supply uman.ai with an email address, phone number, password, domain and/or similar account details.
- Usage Information.
- Services Metadata through platform. When an Authorized User interacts with the uman.ai platform, metadata is generated that provides additional context about the way Authorized Users work. For example, uman.ai logs the Workspaces, people, features, content, skills and links you interact with and the types of files shared.
- Services Metadata through browser add-on. The uman.ai browser add-on enables Authorized Users to share knowledge in the flow of work and automatically keep track of skills they are developing, using our “Automatic Learning Tracking” service. For example, when you search on google.com for "Machine learning tools", the search query "Machine learning tools" is sent to our server. If there are relevant resources in your Workspace they will be returned to the browser add-on. Additionally, if the “automatic learning tracking” service is enabled for your account, your search query will be matched to the uman.ai skills ontology to detect which skills you are learning by browsing. In case there is a match with a relevant skill, a “skill touchpoint” record is created to track your learning progress. This “skill touchpoint” only contains the relevant skills, not the visited domains nor related search queries. The automatically created “skill touchpoints” are only visible to you and can be deleted at any time via your profile settings page. If you prefer to disable automatic learning tracking on certain websites, you can choose to disable those websites from the settings page by adjusting your “white list”. On top of that you have full control to temporarily disable the add-on from the add-on's preferences, disable “automatic learning tracking” from your account settings page, at any time.
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Websites or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Device information. uman.ai collects information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this Other Information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
- Location information. uman.ai may collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
- Third Party Data. uman.ai may receive data about organizations, industries, Website visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business from parent corporation(s), affiliates and subsidiaries, our partners or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with Other Information we collect and might include aggregate level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to zip codes or countries. Or it might be more specific: for example, how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
- Additional Information Provided to uman.ai. We receive Other Information when submitted to our Websites or if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with uman.ai.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Customer Data or Other Information (collectively, “Information”). However, certain Information is collected automatically and, if some Information, such as Workspace setup details, is not provided, we may be unable to provide the Services.
How We Use Information
Customer Data will be used by uman.ai in accordance with Customer’s instructions and as required by applicable law. uman.ai is a processor of Customer Data and Customer is the controller. Customer may, for example, use the Services to grant and remove access to a Workspace, assign roles and configure settings, access, modify, export, share and remove Customer Data and otherwise apply its policies to the Services.
uman.ai uses Other Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Websites and business. More specifically, uman.ai uses Other Information:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services, Websites and business. This includes use of Other Information to support delivery of the Services under a Customer Agreement, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities or at an Authorized User’s request.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your Other Information to respond.
- To develop and provide search, learning and productivity tools and additional features. uman.ai tries to make the Services as useful as possible for specific Workspaces and Authorized Users. For example, we may improve search functionality by using Other Information to help determine and rank the relevance of content or expertise to an Authorized User, make Services suggestions based on historical use and predictive models, identify organizational trends and insights, to customize a Services experience or create new productivity features and products.
- To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Services offerings, and important Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about uman.ai. These are marketing messages so you can control whether you receive them.
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters. uman.ai may need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
How We Share And Disclose Information
This section describes how uman.ai may share and disclose Information. Customers determine their own policies and practices for the sharing and disclosure of Information, and uman.ai does not control how they or any other third parties choose to share or disclose Information.
- Customer’s Instructions. uman.ai will solely share and disclose Customer Data in accordance with a Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
- Displaying the Services. When an Authorized User submits Other Information, it may be displayed to other Authorized Users in the same or connected Workspaces. For example, an Authorized User’s email address may be displayed with their Workspace profile.
- Collaborating with Others. The Services provide different ways for Authorized Users working in the same Workspace to collaborate. Other Information, such as an Authorized User’s profile Information, may be shared.
- Customer Access. Owners, administrators, Authorized Users and other Customer representatives and personnel may be able to access, modify or restrict access to Other Information. This may include, for example, your employer using Service features to export logs of Workspace activity.
- Third Party Service Providers and Partners. We may engage third party companies or individuals as service providers or business partners to process Other Information and support our business. These third parties may, for example, provide virtual computing and storage services. Additional information about the subprocessors we use to support delivery of our Services can be inquired via email@example.com .
- During a Change to uman.ai’s Business. If uman.ai engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of uman.ai’s assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence), some or all Other Information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
- Aggregated or De-identified Data. We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified Other Information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified Other Information with prospects or partners for business or research purposes, such as telling a prospective uman.ai customer the average amount of time spent within a typical Workspace.
- To Comply with Laws. If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Other Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property or safety of uman.ai or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- With Consent. uman.ai may share Other Information with third parties when we have consent to do so.
uman.ai takes security of data very seriously. uman.ai works hard to protect Other Information you provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the Other Information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. To learn more about current practices and policies regarding security and confidentiality of the Services, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Protection Officer
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email email@example.com .
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information. You can usually do this using the settings and tools provided in your Services account. If you cannot use the settings and tools, contact Customer for additional access and assistance.
To the extent that uman.ai’s processing of your Personal Data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, uman.ai relies on its legitimate interests, described above, to process your data. uman.ai may also process Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes and you have a right to object to uman.ai’s use of your Personal Data for this purpose at any time.
Esplanade Oscar Van De Voorde 1